February 13, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day but....

DISCLAIMER:
Today,
I have an excuse to be love-strickenly mushy.
so let me...


Happy Valentine's Day?

Oh, thank you but my heart's not with me now...
my heart is in Malaysia
...

it managed to gatecrash its way
through the gates
of Diosdado Macapagal International Airport in Clark, Pampanga
same day as my mom's 49th birthday.

Funny how my heart got there...
It got locked inside the freezing compartments
of Airasia aircraft where it had to endure four agonizing hours or so of nausea
due to the slight turbulence the flight has encountered

Good thing it's safely cushioned inside my sweetheart's Northface backpack,
slammed between his dear, trusty Mac book and foul-smelling New Balance sneakers.

It arrived in Malaysia at 3:40PM
and took the smooth road for an hour to its
destination: an artist's acres of paradise called Rimbun Dahan Art Residency
where it has to stay there for 73 loooooooooooooooooooong days
(that's 2 months and 2 weeks + a day)...

Now, it's still on its 28th day there.
45 more days and it will be back with me.
'til then curb that greeting...
greet me that on the 31st of March

Now you wonder what's it doing there:
oh, just distracting the master as he does his thing...
like this:




I miss him and my heart, yes...and I wish both is safe there...

I somehow appease the longing through this:




and I call it:




for if it's not, then what is it?



Sorry folks but today's the only day in the year when
(let me repeat my salutation):

I have an excuse to be love-strickenly mushy.
They call it VALENTINE'S DAY.


Have a happy one, folks...


toodles toodles


No comments:

Post a Comment