A roller coaster ride.
A major bump.
Yet through it all, my winning leap was all that mattered *applause*
Indeed so much had happened and I could never be more grateful for what it had made me become, for what I had proven to myself and to others.
Every explosion, every hue had been recorded on my not-so little Black Book (Starbucks 2007 Planner). Explosion so loud it will shatter your eardrums. The pyrotechnics at Eastwood City where we welcomed that year's Day One sounded like a baby's whisper, illuminated like a toddler's sparkler compared to the bang it created. Colors so vivid that the multicolored confetti showered on us that midnight paled in comparison.
The muddy waters I fell into coated me as Achilles had been. I dusted myself up from the poison the black forces blew my way and I bounced back again, glided on the rainbow that welcomed my ascend and got the promised pot of gold.
Uh-huh. These much.
So mush so that I bet Charo Santos (Maalaala Mo Kaya) and/or Mel Tiangco (Magpakailanman) will turn down telling my story to kapamilyas/kapusos.
Would you believe these extreme whammies?
- changed addresses six times (yup, in just a year - true to the term nomad)
- proved a former friend's sincerity (lack of it, exactly)
- got name dragged in the nastiest of rumors
- got stabbed with a pen (figuratively, hey) by someone I least imagine could
- got eyebrows burnt (again, figuratively) from almost impossible school works
- almost couldn't make it to another semester (due to dried-up funds, thank heavens for promissory notes)
- gave up a laptop, a camera-phone, and a diamond ring
It proved two things, though:
a. It's always darkest before dawn.
b. That won't kill me makes me stronger.
Some cliches, yeah.
As for the sunshine-y part, I might get finger-corns punching Q-w-e-r-t Y-u-i-o-p.
But all these were history...
...And tomorrow will be another day
and I'll face it with the same crooked-tooth grin.
And fill again my not-so-little-and-this-time-Brown Book with heaven only knows what.
Go lang ng go!
C'est La Vie. La Vie 'en Sassy Miss Toni *wink, wink*