January 27, 2009

Proverbial Lemons * A letter to The World

Dear World,

Remember the lemons you regularly hurl at me? Yeah, those! You never run out of 'em do you? Uh-huh, sometimes you miss 'coz hey I ain't always this dumb.. but most of the time you do hit me real good... real good I don't wanna get out of bed and face you. Yes you, world.

And still you keep throwing me lemons. Some energy you got, huh. I have many options on what to do with those, though... I can either run to the nearest liquor shop, purchase Jose Cuervo Tequila and a saltshaker, and voila! I can puke right at yah! ***ehemn, excuse me*... or when my temper's at it again (like it often does) - I'll hurl it back at you. Watch out, world, I grow my lemons real H U G E you'd think they're MUTANTS.



But today world, you know what I did with the lemons you shower my way like giant hails?
I squeezed it, squeezed it hard...squeezed it real hard...
and rubbed the juice to my eyes.

So quit askin' why I'm crying world.

Quit askin'...

Just teach me how to make a LEMONADE. A SPIKED lemonade.


Love always,


TONI

No comments:

Post a Comment