January 17, 2012

Happy Birthday Mama

My son is quite lucky he has a good mom like me. 

Wait, wait, I am not being self-righteous or conceited here, I am stating a fact. I am sure I am a great mom because of one thing ---

I have a great mom.

With her over-aged naivete, extreme timidity, seeming lack of own identity (in my opinion) because she loves my dad much tooooo much, as in waaaaay toooo much, I still find her great - in fact to me she is the greatest. And she has a beautiful face, still free from wrinkles at 52 to top all that - that's why I am also sure I'll age gracefully, besides I've always been told I look very much like her. :)

Oh, this isn't supposed to be about me >_<

Today, January 18, is my mama Luz's 52nd birthday. I do miss her now, she's an hour of plane ride away, and I can only imagine her in our dingy kitchen in Davao cooking the 'mandatory' Pancit Bijon Guisado for long life. The kind she cooks whenever my birthday comes, with or without my presence.

I love you, Mama. Happy birthday. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment